Our Learning – Autumn 2
Just a note to share some of our intended learning for the second part of the Autumn term for English and Maths. This was a frequently asked question at parents evening so we thought it best to share this for the benefit of all parents and children as things you could practise with your child over the coming half term and when we are back at school.
English – Writing:
– writing in clauses which make sense
– re-reading writing to check it makes sense
– using a big capital letter to start a sentence
– spelling key words correctly
– spelling unfamiliar words using the sounds we know
English – Reading:
– re-reading texts to increase fluency
– recognising action words and common non-decodable words
– using sounds they know to sound out and blend unfamiliar words
– making predictions
– inferring from the text and sharing opinions
– continue learning on addition and subtraction
– 2D and 3D shapes
– counting (forwards, backwards, ordering, place value, comparing
Enjoy your half term and we look forward to seeing the children back rested and re-charged ready for our next topic – Moon Zoom.
Thank you for your continued support and for your time at parents evening. It was lovely to spend a bit of time talking about your child’s progress and their next steps.
The Year 1 team