Please see below the learning that will take place this term. We will continue to send weekly Marvellous Me messages to keep you up to date as we move through the term, including websites that may be of interest connected to our learning. We will be in touch soon with information about this term’s educational visit.
· Character Writing
· Character speech
· A retell of a story, Riddles
· The Gruffalo, Room on the Broom, Halloween Riddles, Remembrance poetry, Stickman
· Place Value
· 2D and 3D shape
· Addition and Subtraction
· Biology: Common plants, including garden plants, wild plants and trees and those classified as deciduous and evergreen; Identify and name a variety of common animals that are birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles, mammals and invertebrates;
· Chemistry: Everyday materials, including wood, plastic, glass, metal, water and rock.
· Physics: Describing how things move; Sources of light, including electric lights, flames and the Sun
· Programming – Scratch Junior
· Animation – Chatter Pix
· Christianity – Welcoming and gifts
· Significant people from the past: Christopher Columbus; Jethro Tull; Grace Darling; Florence Nightingal; Emily Davison; Rosa Parks
· Mapping the World
· Describing Maps of the World
· Continents of the Oceans
· The United Kingdom – England
· Structures – Stability and Strength , Frame Structures – Design and think
· At the Seaside – Claude Monet;
· In the Jungle – Henry Rousseau;
· Food – Paul Cezanne
· Ourselves and Number
· Target Games; Striking and Fielding
· Unique Characteristics, Similarities and Differences, Rights Respecting – Article 31 and 12
PE Day: Wednesday
To support our physical development we will be spending 10 minutes each afternoon to complete the daily mile. The children will complete this even if the weather is wet, unless of course it is heavy rain.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, we are always happy to help.
Year 1 Team