Please see below the learning that will take place this term. We will continue to send weekly Marvellous Me messages to keep you up to date as we move through the term, including websites that may be of interest connected to our learning. We will be in touch soon with information about this term’s educational visit.
· Sensory poems
· Recount of a historical event
· Instructional writing
· Story with a familiar setting (Winnie the Witch)
· Recount of a soldier in war (WW1/2)
· Persuading someone to visit a place
· Story with a familiar setting (The Three Little Pigs)
· Number and place value
· Addition and subtraction
· Shape and space
· Biology: Common plants, including garden plants, wild plants and trees and those classified as deciduous and evergreen; Identify and name a variety of common animals that are birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles, mammals and invertebrates;
· Chemistry: Everyday materials, including wood, plastic, glass, metal, water and rock.
· Physics: Describing how things move; Sources of light, including electric lights, flames and the Sun
· Programming – Knock knock joke
· My Robot Helper
· Islam: The rules surrounding the Qur’an
· Significant people from the past: Christopher Columbus; Jethro Tull; Grace Darling; Florence Nightingal; Emily Davison; Rosa Parks
· Mapping the World
· Describing Maps of the World
· Continents of the Oceans
· The United Kingdom – England
· Structures: Stablilty; Strength; Solid structures and finger fluency
· At the Seaside – Claude Monet;
· In the Jungle – Henry Rousseau;
· Food – Paul Cezanne
· Ourselves; Number
· Target Games; Striking and Fielding
· What makes a good friend; What is bullying?
PE Day: Wednesday
To support our physical development we will be spending 10 minutes each afternoon to complete the daily mile. The children will complete this even if the weather is wet, unless of course it is heavy rain.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, we are always happy to help.
Year 2 Team