I just wanted to thank everyone for the lovely gifts team year 3 have received. Mrs Ashcroft, Mrs McFarlane and myself appreciate your kindness and generosity.
We wish you a very happy summer and look forward to welcoming you all back in September.
On a work note (sorry!), I have attached the Blue Abyss home learning sheet.
Please find attached two links: one detailing year 4 transition and one for the children to complete in the holidays. An uploaded version of the children’s activity will be available on Seesaw too.
More details regarding routines and expectations for year 4 will be published when we return in September. However, if you have any questions or concerns before then please feel free to get in touch and we will help in any way we can.
Looking forward to speaking with all of the children tomorrow.
Mr Lamb and Mrs McFarlane
All about Year 4
I’m inviting all of the year 3 children to join me for a zoom chat on Thursday 16th July. The purpose of this is to catch up with one another and answer any questions the children may have regarding year 4.
I have attached a link at the bottom of this post, which explains which group the children are apart of and when their meeting will commence.
You can join a Zoom meeting by going to Zoom.us and clicking ‘join a meeting’ or you can download the Zoom app on your Apple or android device.
You will need the following ID and password to join the meetings:
627 435 0746
Any problems, please feel free to contact me via email: MPALamb@sbcschools.org.uk
Zoom Chats Year 3
Myton Park Zoom Protocols
In order to comply with school procedures, we ask you to abide by the following protocols:
1) An adult must be in the same room as the child during the session.
2) This session is for the child’s learning; if an adult needs to contact the teacher about any issues, this must be done at a different time.
3) We encourage you to be available for the session. If there are exceptional circumstances and you are unable to make the time set, you must let the class teacher know in advance via email.
4) The topic of conversation will be education based. Please discuss with your child about appropriate/ inappropriate topics. If your child mentions watching something or playing a game not age appropriate, we will have to explain this to them.
5) Suitable clothing must be worn by the child during the session, even on a hot day.
6) Sessions may be recorded for safeguarding purposes.
7) Virtual backgrounds can be used at home.
This week’s maths is in the links below. As it’s the final week of the academic year, this week’s workload will be reduced. I will provide 3 activities for maths and english, which the children can complete over the week.
I’d also like to say a huge thank you to all of the year 3 parents and children for their commitment and hard work since the commencement of home learning. I’m so proud of all of the children for their superb attitudes towards work and learning. A special thank you must go out to all of the parents. I appreciate how difficult it is to balance family life, jobs and school work – so thank you on behalf of all the year 3 staff.
Mrs McFarlane, Mrs Ashcroft and Mr Lamb
Activity 1 Year-3-Summer-Block-3-Step-3-RPS-Compare-Angles
Activity 2 PPT – Year-3-Summer-Block-3-Step-4-PPT-Draw-Accurately
Activity 2 – Year-3-Summer-Block-3-Step-4-VF-Draw-Accurately
Activity 3 – Year-3-Summer-Block-3-Step-4-RPS-Draw-Accurately
Good afternoon everyone,
Having contacted parents recently, some have asked for clarification regarding the structure of their child’s school day. I would like to offer some help regarding this issue for those whom are not sure how to structure their day.
Home learning day:
Maths – 45 – 60 mins
Writing – 45 mins
Reading – 15-20 mins
Foundation/Science curriculum – 45 – 60 mins
These activities can be in any order over the course of a whole day. If you wish your child to work mornings and not afternoons or vice versa, then so be it. I understand that many of you are working from home, or have more than one child or both; in this case, you should plan your child’s school day to suit you and them.
* I have set 2 science lessons and 2 foundation lessons via purplemash. This means that one day, you will not have an activity. To fill this time, children can complete any incomplete work, or have time to recharge their batteries and relax.
*A reminder that MyMaths activities are optional.
As always, I will provide the school work via the app, Purplemash and Seesaw.
For parents who are using CGP books, please feel free to use them. If you wish to upload any work onto Seesaw for me to view, please feel free. Regarding uploaded work via Seesaw or Purplemash, for those still awaiting feedback, I must apologize. I would ask for your patience and understanding as planning and teaching reception children, as well as planning and feeding back to year 3 children is proving challenging. I want to assure year 3 parents that year 3 children will continue to be my top priority and I will make as much time as possible to feedback and respond to you as parents and your children.
As always, feel free to contact me via email.